Your entry motion sensor can monitor two things:
- Entry. When placed on a window or door your sensor will alert you if that window or door has been opened while your home is in Armed or Armed Doors and Windows mode.
- Motion. Your sensor will alert you of any motion within range of the sensor while your home is in Armed mode.
What is the magnet for?
The magnet and the sensor work together to monitor entry. If you are monitoring motion only, you do NOT need the magnet. You can mount the magnet on either side of the Motion Sensor.
Mounting for motion only:
Set up your Motion Sensor wherever you please, without the magnet.
To mount on a wall peel and stick the tape from the back center panel of the sensor.
To mount in a corner peel and stick the tape from the two outside panels of the sensor.
Mounting for monitoring entry:
You will need to mount your sensor and magnet on a closed door or window. The sensor and magnet need to stay in close range of each other, 20mm or less. To help you measure that distance your sensor has a blue light that will glow when the two pieces are close enough together. This will only happen during setup. After setup you will not see a blue light.
Practice moving the two pieces together and apart, and watch the light turn on and off.
- Select a spot on your window or door to mount the sensor and magnet. You will need to choose a spot on your door or window that is between 4’3”-4’9” off the floor.
- Make sure your door/window is closed and that the blue light is glowing when the pieces are in mounting position.
- Peel and stick one part to the door or window and one part to the door or window frame (or both parts to doors for french doors or cabinets.)