A cool-down period is the time after activity was sensed and an alert was sent to your phone. During this time, the Video doorbell Camera will not record or send alerts to your phone within a specific time. Five minutes if you have a Basic Plan. By upgrading to Cam Protect or Complete Protect, you'll minimize your cool-down period to 5 seconds, meaning there will be minimal wait time in between recording or sending alerts from your device, or maximize sleep time to 60 seconds to save battery life. Default cool down period for paying subscribers is 30 seconds.
How to customize Cooldown time for your Video Doorbell Camera:
Step 1. Tap on the name of your Video Doorbell Camera.
Step 2. Look for "Detection Settings".
Step 3. Tap on "Cooldown following motion alerts."
- For Basic Plan users, the default cooldown time is at 5 minutes.
- For Cam Protect and Complete Protect Plan subscribers, choices are amongst:
* 5 seconds - very frequent alerts, shortest battery life.
* 30 seconds - frequent alerts, average battery life (recommended)
* 60 seconds - regular alerts, good battery life.
* 5 minutes - essential alerts only, best battery life.